Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving break

This Thanksgiving break was one of the best ever!


On thursday morning, we all woke up at 7 and then headed off to the airport around 8. Our fight delayed by a few minutes. The mountain view was soo pretty! I love being on planes. We landed at Houston, Texas at 2:45 and had to walk aroudn the whole airport to get our 2 bug luggages. Huy greeted us at our luggage place and lead us to the car where Thu's soon to be husband, Johnny, and Bac 4 were waiting in their cars. Our first stop was teh cementary to visit my auntie. We got to their new house which was HUGE! And there's a pound in their backyard, so so pretty(: Met the other side of the family (from Sweden!) i love their accent. We had dinner, and were kind of separated. After dinner, we played a few ice breaker games and then bonded. They all slept and I stayed up knitting and talking to Thu. We both went to sleep around 2 or 3. We fitted 4 girls on one bed, ohh goodness.


My mommy woke us up at 6 and just stood there talking to us. We got up at 7 and headed to the mall! Ly drove Lisa, Katrina, and me. They are crazy shopped, bought TONS of clothes and had TONS of bags. It's becaue clothes in Sweden are very expensive. They even bought an empty luggage over, jsut for their new clothes. I bought a cardigan, a coat, and a dress at Macy's. There weren't a lot on sale, but i felt liek it was because i was in another state, so i bought those things anyways. My older brothers were at Bestbuy and waited in line for 4 hours jsut to get a netbook and a wireless mouse. Ly and I went hoem because we were tired, and left the Swedish people there to shop some more. I got hoem and met Peter and his wife, Cocoa. Peter is soo nice(: I went home and took a nap. When i got up, they were back from their shopping trip. Then we had dinner. Today, everyone went to sleep early for the big day tomorrow. I went to sleep around 1 and was woken up at 5.


The husband's side were all up, gettign ready to leave the house and they were so loud i coudlnt sleep. And Thu wouldnt stop talkign to them, she needed her rest! I finally woke up at 8 and got ready. Did my hair, and bac Chang helped me and then my mommy did my makeup. I was soo slow cause by the time i was putting on my dress, everyone was out and taking pictures. We did the traditional Vietnamese wedding, where the groom's side had to carry those red things over. After all that was church. After church was nappy time. And we woke up pretty late.. i had to redo my hair and makeup and then went to the resturant in downtown for the reception. It was soo nice. It was fun, there were no kids though, so many old people, old as in their 20s. It ended pretty early and then we headed to this green light place in downtown cause we kind of got lost.. (x It was really interesting. We got hoem and celebrated Katrina's birthday. We used the cake and present from teh wedding(x. Its the thought that counts though(: Haha. Then all the kids headed upstairs and stayed up 'till 3 playing mofia, intense game. Ly and I had to sleep on the ground upstairs caue Thy kicked us out of her room :P. It's okay, i dont blame her, it's her wedding night, even though her husband was already knocked out.


I woke up because i heard the word ihop. Huy and I got up at the same time, for the same reason, and everyone noticed, haha. We went to church first and then met at ihop. It was such a big breakfast. Lisa and her husband treated us out, how nice(: Then we walked back to the house because there were no room in the car to fit 13 people. It was a fun adventure. Stayed at home the whole day and just talked and chilled. It was really nice. We left around 6 and then headed back fo San Jose =/. We were all separated on the plane, but i got to finish all my homework! I was only in Texas for about 4 days and it felt like it was my home, i miss it already =/. Ohh well, we'll go back there on a road trip someday(:

No comments:

Post a Comment