Friday, May 27, 2011

Walden west!



Wow, it was an amazing week! It started off on Sunday when mostly all the cabin leaders arrived and we had training. It got quite boring because we were overloaded with information and what not. Nighthawk was funny though and that kept me awake. We had a little night hike. I LOVE THE VIEW. The stars were amazing, especially after our eyes were adapted to the night.

Monday came and we got our kids! Hehe. Seashell and I were in charge of the OWLS! Hoot hoot! My field instructor was SPIDER! Who was really cool and chilled. I don't know how to explain it but everyday was filled with excitement and joy. Cabin leaders made the best skits!(: The kids couldn't stop laughing at us. I couldn't stop laughing at us. Hehe. Astronmy night was amazing too. I got to see Saturn! OMG. Then the night hike where some of the kids got scared, which was quite fun to watch. Some kid had light up shoes -__-, which kinda destroyed the night part. Our field day was fun. I got lost along with 3 other kids... But it wasn't that bad. They were calmed and we made it back like nothing. It was cute cuase when I got back, all of the kids were like "t-rex! you're safe! We were so worried" and gave me a hug. =/ They're wayy too cute. I miss everything. I miss how us cabin leaders would sneak out at night while the kids were sleeping to take a break. We would sit at the kitchen table and talk all night about our kids. Thursday night was sad, because we knew that it was practically over and we were sharing memories and Lion started tearing and then that became contagious. I loved dancing with the kids. Especially cause they're so shy and once you get them to start, they won't stop! Everyone was screaming and jumping the whole time and there were no drama! I can talk about each and every one of my kid but that would take forever!

I will not forget the little girls who were attached to me all because I made them do the booty shake to the banana slug song. I won't forget the kids who can eat constantly at the dinner table. They would eat like 8 hotdogs and pizza, or whatever was on the table. The name tag game and CAMOUFLAGE! The Owls cabin. Peppermint tea. Hikes up and down the forest and creek. Annoying kids that made me cry the most when we were saying our byes. Wolf hugged me and almost carried me up while telling me that he is not leaving without me =/. Man, that was so depressing. The goodbyes! All the songs(Banana slug, tan oak, and Shooting star!) I will not forget the late night talks. The bedtime stories. The smelly cabin. The nasty sink water. The wonderful kids. The tears they left on my shirt. The felts we earned. I just miss everything...


I just hope that I will see them at a store one day and they will scream out "T-REX!"

No comments:

Post a Comment